If you are surprised to find small and oval bumps on leaves or stems, your plant probably has scale insects. And they are sucking the sap out of your plant. Thus, unless you take steps to get rid of scale insects, your plant will weaken and die.
1. If you have a small infestation, you can get rid of scale by scraping the scales off your plants with your fingernail.
2. Alternatively, you can get rid of a small infestation of scale by wiping down the leaves with a damp cloth.
3. Some people take a cotton swab or even a never-used small facial sponge, dip it in alcohol, and then dot each scale to get rid of the scale. Moreover, you should include the underside of the pot where some immature insect may be hiding.
4. Another way to get rid of scale is to combine 1 teaspoon of all-purpose biodegradable chemical-free concentrated cleaner with 1 pint of water and spray the plant thoroughly. Thus, spray both sides of the leaf.
5. Finally, you can use this homemade oil spray solution to spray your plant thoroughly:
Mix 125 ml of pure biodegradable liquid soap into a blender with 250 ml of vegetable oil and store in a jar in your cupboard. Then, spray when you wish, diluting 1 tablespoon of this mixture into 1 liter of water. With this new solution, you can spray your plant to get rid of scale insects.