That’s right. Aphids are the most stubborn pests that will cause intensive damage to your plants. Fortunately, there’s a perfect and effective solution. It’s true, homemade works best. Thus, this citrus homemade insecticidal spray will work wonders and it will kill the aphids. Moreover, it will also deter the ants, stopping them to come back in potted plants. So you get two for one. Check this insecticide in this article!
A little caution before we begin. In the case of indoor plants, you need to be sure to spray the solution early in the morning. If this is not possible, you should choose at least the moment when the sun goes down. You don’t want to burn your leaves with sunlight, do you? And now we can proceed.
To prepare this citrus homemade insecticidal spray, you need to do the following:
1. Gather your supplies. Thus, you need 1 grated lemon peel, 1 pint of water, a spray bottle and a cheesecloth.
2. Next, you need to boil the water. After the water is boiling, remove it from the stove and add the grated lemon peel.
3. After you added the grated lemon peel to the boiled water, mix well and allow the infusion to combine at least overnight.
4. After leaving the solution to infuse overnight, strain the citrus homemade insecticidal spray through a cheesecloth so that you have a clear liquid.
5. Finally, pour this clear liquid into a spray bottle. This recipe will yield about one pint of citrus oil extract.
6. Now you’re ready to try your citrus homemade insecticidal spray on your plant. To do so, apply the citrus homemade insecticidal spray mixture to plant leaves that are under attack by aphids or other soft-bodied insects. Be sure to spray the underside of the leaf too. The mixture must come in contact with the insects’ bodies to be effective.